Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Test

I tend to not do well on written tests. For some reason or another my mind shuts parts off and even with my studying I seem to miss more questions than I hoped to miss. My dad always tells me I just didn't try hard enough, and that if I really studied than I would get the A. So I spent hours studying for tests in high school and failed to ever get that A. It was only test grades that did not reflect my work in the class until I started to take Spanish and my tests were based around speech. The oral test i aced and the written tests i frequently bombed. Perhaps all of us that are not good test takers have a closer connection to the oral culture than we think, and we need to get back to our roots, and demand more oral tests rather than these tedious written tests that could be interpreted in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment